An Open Letter to My Best Friend

twinning since day 1 
now let's talk about a glow up
My dearest baby Renee, Renizzle, Raebae, oh the list goes on...

I am still in shock that this is the end of the summer. Months ago, before I came home from college, we'd text each other the classic "OMGGG I CANT WAIY SUMMWR 2K18 OUR SUMER" with a bunch of typos, because lord knows we type way too fast and don't bother changing words before we send them but can still decipher the language since it's a daily occurrence for us. I am ecstatic to say that these dreams certainly did play out exactly how I had hoped, for this summer was one of the best yet. Between the weekly $5 marg night at El Gato, our classic Friday night food truck explorations, and almost not making it back into America after a disastrous Quebec City adventure (UH, HELLO, WHO LET US DO THAT TOGETHER?!), I couldn't be more thankful to have had you by my side for our last summer together.

Alright, now I'm gonna get a little sappy because I just need to write this all down to look back and reminsce in a few years (we all know how nostalgic I get *eye roll*). Although I always wish I had known the middle-school-Renee, I'm happy that I at least got to meet you in high school. I remember hearing your name from our other "squad" members, but I thought you were too cool to talk to me, so I was intimidated (this memory makes me laugh now because ya, right, my little Renee is so intimidating ;)). When you ended up in my horrendous Weather, Climate, Oceans class, I was like omg, maybe I can finally be friends with her. I don't even remember how we ended up becoming friends or talking, but I just remember instantly getting along and it's all history from there (God, it sounds like you're my long lost girlfriend lol).

Just to remind myself of all the great times, here are a ~few~ of my favorite memories throughout the years:
- Halloween party 2014 when you were a cop and I was...Kim K lol
-Our Holocaust trip to DC -- Jerome!!! And teaching me how to ice skate
-The classic pic of me sleeping in your basement while ya'll crazy kids partied around me
-Forcing Devon to hangout with us aka go to Als like all the time
-Christmas parties at your house (the pic of Jon with the scarf in his mouth ahahaha)
-New Years Eve 2014-2015 still one of my favorite nights EVER with our matching fake glasses
-Winter ball 2015 when us 3 thugs looked so little omg
-Trips to Williston House of Pizza UGH SERIOUSLY RIP
-Penguin Plunge!!!!!!!
-Some questionable nights spent at Jon's house
-All the times you'd visit me at work with Devon and Shackett ahhhh I'm crying
-Our grad challenge picture when we knew we were officially done with senior year
-OSHEAGA 2015 RIPPPPP to our souls (side note - is cake bread? What's the difference between Montreal, Quebec, and Canada? HORS DEVOURS!)
-My lovely 18th birthday party (aka our last "high school" party together ugh sad)
-Our trip to Montreal when Devon was "too drunk" to get into Tokyo
-So many gal palz hangouts I've lost track: dance dance revolution in ur basement haha
-Starbucks dates forever plz
-Our other ladies trip to Montreal when literally nothing was open haha go us
-Obviously can't forget about May 30, 2017 when we I almost died at the Weeknd concert and then we MISSED OUR FREAKING CHANCE TO HANGOUT WITH RAE SREMMURD because we fell asleep eating queso lol how classic is that
-Nights spent at 303 Pearl Street...still confused as to what those 2 guys were talking about for ours outside your window...good thing you flickered the lights to signal to them to shut up HAHA
-When we swore to ourselves that we were gonna learn Emi's choreo to "Run Me Dry" but then we ended up just taking pictures together for an hour...ay, those were some good pics
-Shackett's wedding party @ Growler Garage haha...I'll leave it at that
-When all of us had to hold the lighting just right for you to get the perfect profile picture in Montreal hahah then Kaitlin almost died at Tokyo...I say it's time to stop going to Tokyo
-All the Leddy Park beach trips with BABY DARLLLAAAAAAAA (glad u know where to turn for Leddy now LOL)
-Chili's dates ugh best bet we're getting Chilis when I come to visit AZ (they have Chilis right?)
-Endless amounts of car rides with Darla when everyone loves her
-My ONE time at Hattys with me, u, and Dev
-My other ONE time at Akes and Sputies...RIP McKenzie hahahaha was fun while it lasted
-Thank god for Lincoln's at least!
-The farmers market bright & early on a lovely Saturday god I love Burlington
-When I thought you were gonna fly off of Emily's little boat hahah your poor butt
-4th of July festivities with the boys & at Emily's awww
-Quebec City...I have no words except for "SHE'S THE WEEKND'S NUMBER ONE FAN" every 2 seconds hahahaha
-Everyone commenting on how we're the "wild ones" of the group lol I'd have it no other way tbh

I cannot believe that it's already the end of July. The thought of you and Dar leaving me literally makes me sick to my stomach, but I couldn't be more proud of you. Every time I tell someone you're going to freaking GRAD school in Arizona, they're like, "wait what? how? isn't she like 21?" HECK YEAH SHE IS!!! I always knew you'd be so successful, and I'm especially happy to see you finally living your dreams of going out west to your ~home roots~.

I already can't wait to see everything you accomplish out there. Future Dr. Benoit, I am honored to call you my best friend. Jet-setting to you A$AP ROCKY. Ily to the moon and back.

Xoxo,
Lynds.

PS - Enjoy some classic pics mentioned above lol.
our first halloween lol

nye 2014 with fake matching glasses haha can't deal
My sweet babies...I miss WHOP 
devon in the middle, just how we like it 
molly in the background kills me every time

our car rides to school with the daily dunks stops
like i'm sorry what is this pose
osh 2015 neverrrrrr forget 
shackett <3 
what our baby would look like LMFAO
NYE Circa 2016 - not the same as 2014 but whatevz 
classic us 
awwww leddy 
osh 2016 @ mac miller 
remember when that man was at the door at this air bnb lol
when we could have met rae sremmurd ugh still mad 
missing 30H3
can't dance but can pose
this is a very accurate depiction of us 
we better be bffs forever cuz now your handwriting is imprinted on me til i die lol
when you (and the GP) will always make fun of me for this 
hiding my tears about you graduating 
my favorite girls in my favorite place <3
4th of july with da boyz 
ok really who let us go to canada together good god 
can we be confused dog moms together? 
the answer is yes


Comments

Popular Posts